07 June 2010

Coming soon

What with an excess of work (and play), I'm conscious this blog isn't getting the attention it deserves. Nonetheless, I visited four bridges last week in an effort to keep my fellow pontists happy, and have a number of books I'm reading and would like to cover.

So, this is what is coming soon (time permitting, and in no particular order):
  • Golden Jubilee Footbridges, Hungerford, London
  • Millennium Bridge, Bankside, London
  • Xstrata Treetop Walkway, Kew Gardens, London
  • Sackler Crossing, Kew Gardens, London
  • A review of Failed Bridges, by Joachim Scheer
  • A review of Thomas Bouch: The Builder of the Tay Bridge, by John Rapley
  • The opening of the Te Rewa Rewa Bridge, New Zealand (see videos at vimeo.com)

I'm also considering a series of posts on books about the bridges of Britain (by Jervoise, Wood, de Maré, Wright, Richards and possibly others), and how they reflect changing cultural attitudes to pontism.

Also, if you think I'm missing out on bridge news worth reporting here, please let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it coming!

Great Blog